About the Department
Honors and Awards
Our faculty has received numerous teaching and research excellence awards illustrating our commitment to education and research.
- Dr. Sarah Spiegel honored by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology with Avanti Award in Lipids http://www.news.vcu.edu/news.aspx?v=detail&nid=2891
- Tomasz Kordula, Ph.D. received the Faculty Excellence Award, the school’s highest teaching recognition.
Dr. Sarah Spiegel honored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) on the basis her distinguished efforts to advance science and its applications.
Gov. Timothy Kaine recognizes Sarah Spiegel as one of Virginia’s Outstanding Scientists for 2008
- Dr. Sarah Spiegel was selected by the faculty of Goethe University to receive the Ernst and Gerta Scharrer Medal for 2008.
- Dr. Sarah Spiegel receives University Distinguished Scholarship Award.
- Women in Science, Dentistry & Medicine Professional Achievement Awards, which recognizes strong role models and mentors for women was awarded to Sarah Spiegel, Ph.D.
- Robert F. Diegelmann, Ph.D., was awarded the VCU School of Medicine faculty teaching excellence award.